Sunday, June 19, 2005

Miscellanea

I thought now might be a good time to post a few minor updates. It's coming on almost 3am, I can't sleep, so why not!

Bloody well right
Firstly, thank you all for the comments and emails. I appreciate your concern and support.
I am pleased to announce that the period ended with a semicolon, then a few choice parting words, followed by a ellipsis. The weird off-schedule bleeding I had a mere 14 days before was similar, yet shorter. I don't know if I'd rather it drag on for two weeks, or just hemorrhage quickly to an end. Hmmmm. As if I have a choice. I will be going to the doctor in July. Promise.
We call this "menometrorrhagia", for irregular excessive uterine bleeding. Now we just need to discover the reason why. And find a possible treatment/cure. Usually this has involved BCPs or Provera/Prometrium, but if the good doc is willing to examine me for polyps/fibroids/endo, I am so ready.

Oklahoma is O.K.
My parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary on July 1st, complete with renewing their vows in a moderately formal ceremony at the the very church they wed in 1955. Mom asked me to be her matron of honor. I am so proud of them. I will be in OKC at the end of this month, for a "vacation" that will be neither relaxing, nor enjoyable, really; but it is not often that an event like this can be observed, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. I moved away a few years ago, ahem, okay... almost 20 years ago... and have been back to visit a total of 4 times. Four. My folks no longer live their either, but there are family and friends that remain, and as I mentioned, this is where it all started, way back when. I only have a short time left to find a suitable dress for the occasion, and get them a GIFT. Oh my, I have no idea what to get them... Any ideas? Seriously, I am soliciting a solution. Please. Something extravagant looking, but on a budget. I love them, but I'm broke.
I'm not overly fond of flying, either, but that's a whole other story.

Pestilence
The coworker I mentioned in a previous post has been retaliatory to just about everyone else in our department. She has been busily writing others up for alleged violations left-and-right. Management has counseled her repeatedly, but no action has been taken. Most of us wish her no serious repercussion, but we just can't seem to understand why she feels the need to be such a backbiter. Harmonious relationships at work seem lost on this woman. If we weren't already short staffed, I could imagine they would suspend her; but you can't just go firing a 'whistleblower' because she is unpleasant. I say that rather sarcastically, of course. We don't use whistles.

Let's see... What else?
My upcoming schedule is rather unusual, what with only one day off at a time here and there. Once I get caught up on my household chores, I hope to get busy adding a link list and replying to correspondence. At the rate I am going, it may be July before I can. I thank you all for your patience. I have "met" some truly awesome people out here in blogland, and I am pleased to call you friends. I swear, you guys are better than real people. "LOL"
Was musing to myself this morning the ratio and proportion of attorneys and Julies out here. Wonder if there's more than a vague coincidence.
Heard the strangest thing on the radio the other day. I listen to oldies and classic rock, with the occasional country thrown in during commercials. I stumbled across a new station we have here in Mayberry, and was absentmindedly humming along to some good ol' Southern Rock, when I realized it sounded somewhat... odd. What the? That's not Mountain... that's... um... my god it sounds like Sabbath, what the hell? Ozzy? No way. YES WAY. Weird. But I liked it. What's next, Pink Floyd doing Freebird?
Well, peeps, that's it. I'm spent. I am fresh out of blather for today. Thanks for tuning in. I hope you are all having a tremendous weekend/week ahead. Keep it real. Etc... ::kisskiss::

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Well, this attorney is glad to have "met" you, Julie. lol

50th anniversary presents--50 years is what? gold? hmmm...are they practical people or do they like fancy schmancy things? The mall place we have here is "Things Remembered" (they have a website for ideas). They can do engraving or stitching. Maybe a nice personalized throw/blanket with some inspiring quote stitched? Or a nice engraved double picture frame with a wedding picture on one side and then they can put a picture from their renewal in the other side? I have no idea why I'm trying to give you ideas, I stink at gift giving. lol

Your co-worker sounds like a very unhappy person. Maybe you all should kill her with kindness and see what happens. hehehe

Sun Jun 19, 10:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

in my experience, anyone celebrating that long a marriage needs nothing. so unless, they do really need something, i would focus on meaningful rather than extravagant. i was going to suggest doing up a picture from their early days, too...internal spring beat me to it! otherwise, i would give them an experience rather than a thing, like a dinner somewhere nice or unique (unique let's you spend less than you would on nice but still gives them a nice memory!).

Sun Jun 19, 08:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

It never fails to amaze/annoy me how little doctors know and can do about what seem to be common gyno problems. It's about time they scanned you! I agree about the anniversary gifts suggested, I've done both the "experience" gift (sailing on the Bay, etc.) and the personalized old photo, both were big hits.

Sun Jun 19, 10:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Well, here's what we've got so far. My brother has a pic of my parents that he's going to scan into an 8x10 with (hopefully) better resolution, and our other brother's wife is getting a really nice double gold frame to put it in; when we get their new pic done, it will go on the other side. My neices are making a memory album with assorted pics of the kids/grandkids/greatgrands and of course ma & pa through the years. And I went with Things Remembered and got an engraved golden (brass) "50th" plate. The engraving cost more than the plate! I found a nice quote I'd have loved to put on there, but it was too long/too costly. So, with all my free time, I will clipart my way to creativity and fancy-font a nice Word doc to print on card-stock paper suitable for framing (once I go out and buy one). I'll post the pic when I'm done. Thank you all for your wonderful advice! (They seem thrilled enough to have everyone all together at one time, I somethow think that is almost gift enough).

Mon Jun 20, 08:12:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home