Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Lefty loosy, Righty tighty

One of the advantages of being together for nearly two decades, is the familiarity. Like your favorite end of the couch, where the pillows are smooshed just right to cradle your tired body at the end of a long day. Granted, sometimes you'd like to just set the couch out in the yard in the hopes someone else might appreciate it just a little more, but that takes more effort than you'd care to expend. It takes too long to break in a new one, anyway.
I digress.
One of the advantages of being with the same man for half of my life, is the familiarity. We know each other's needs, and how to get them met. Sure, it takes a little of the WowFactor away, but I've had enough Wow for now. Libido-wise, he has me beat. Anytime, anywhere, anyway you want it - that's the way you need it. C'mon, it'll be fun. Welcome to Casa de Quickie, "Where your free time is always well spent!" TM
Here are the ground rules:
  • The lady of the house must be deeply involved in some terribly unsexy chore of which she should not abandon right at that moment.
  • Phones and doorbells must be activated frequently during foreplay; teenagers experiencing minor crises are optional.
  • The seductive suggestion of showering must be made at initial contact. Surprise requests once the ride is in motion will bring the vehicle to a screeching halt.
  • Advancements in technique and technology are appreciated. Although not mandatory at this time, management does encourage staff to upgrade their skills annually.
  • He who finishes first is not automatically declared the winner. Prior to commencing any activity, please clarify today's rules for any changes that have been made.
  • Similarly, activity may only be initiated by the man of the house. Unless the rules were changed on that given day. Please see the assistant manager for updated regulations.
  • Please keep your arms around the vehicle at all times, remain seated with your safety belt attached, and do not exit until the ride has come to a complete stop.

There are several kinds of intercourse. The sweet Romantic lovemaking sessions, the hot and heavy Monkey love, the aforementioned Quickie style, and the well-known "babydance": Deathmarch baby making sex. Which, in my book, is no more of a "dance" than changing the oil in your car. Sometimes you get a pretty even merging of two (or more) types during any given session. I said SOMETIMES, people, let's not get all worked up now. The house special (formerly known as "QuickDeath") here at Casa is a fine blend of rich espresso and pallid hopes, resulting in a mediocre treat that quenches the thirst yet is not overly satisfying. Great taste, less filling!
I have my moments. Really I do. He could tell you of no less than two distinct occasions when I rocked his world. Of course, I had to spend precious 'cuddle time' explaining what came over me, and where I picked up those moves. Kind of a buzzkill, ya know. Most of the time, however, my efforts lead to nowhere because it just isn't morally acceptable for the woman to be the aggressor. You know the old saying about wanting a lady in public but a ho in bed? Well, sometimes I think I have married Ward Cleaver. If he puts me in 'that kind of mood', it is a turn on. If I arrive at that state by my own accord, it isn't quite as exciting. Why is that? I'm just pondering the ins and outs of of marital relations. (Pardon the pun).
Overheard on any given weekend are those three little words that set my heart a flutter. "Hey, you busy?" Why, no, dear, praytell what did you have in mind? Oh, you want to put up the dishes and fold the white clothes for me? ::swoon:: My breathing quickens as small beads of perspiration form on my heaving chest. Well okay, but let's be quick about it, I have to get dinner started.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

rofl...Oh my! Now I know more about you than I ever really wanted to know. lol

Now let me complain a bit...

My hubster is the complete opposite of Ward Cleaver. I am supposed to be the aggressor. In between doing the dishes, the laundry, making dinner, holding down a fulltime job, paying the bills, vacuuming, entertaining Sam...you get the idea...I'm supposed to find the time (and energy) to choose one of the three so aptly classified options. What would really put me in the mood is if he'd just put his dang dirty socks in the dirty laundry hamper. :o)

Tue Jul 19, 09:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

i am mostly the aggressor because my beloved is nearly always in the mood, whereas i have my moments, so it's understood that when i have a moment i need to speak up.

regarding the variety on your menu, where you would use the word "monkey", we would substitute the phrase "wild donkey". maybe we do more kicking than swinging.

Tue Jul 19, 07:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

I think my hubby is too polite, that's the reason I too have to be the aggressor. Which gets old, let's face it. But at least I have control.

Wed Jul 20, 11:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I always know when it's been a while, because my DH tries to poke me in his sleep -- yes, he's a sleep-bonker!!!

Thu Jul 21, 12:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

LOL - "sleep bonker". I seriously need to add that to the menu.

Mon Jul 25, 11:23:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home