Monday, July 25, 2005

Riiiight....

Just when I thought it was it safe to go in the water.
I really don't know why I do this. Some sort of auto-focused passive-aggressive self-flagellation thing I do now and then (over and over again) just to make sure I still have an ounce of dopamine left in my brain.
Every so often, I log into Futility Friend. I find the experience somewhat impertinent, and at best it gives me a hearty chuckle. Out of habit, I do temp daily; it has become part of my wake-up ritual. Smash the snooze button, grab the thermometer, put on my glasses and turn on the light, log temp in notebook, lay back and sigh, then smash the snooze button again. Drag my ass out of bed, and voila! my bright shiny new day has begun. After a sufficient number of temps have been collected, I plot them on my own graph, and then enter them into FF. Just because. I really do not need the service, but I tend to go a little overboard with my efforts.
This cycle, the magical harbinger of frivolity has provided me with an alleged coverline and "O" date. Oh. Oh? Yeah right whatever.
I've only had this once before, back in May, on CD25 of a 34-day cycle. Nine day luteal phase? Yikes. I'm not surprised, I am well aware that it takes a while to get back on track after delivery. Looking back on my records, I've gone 27-27-34-30, with temps all over the damn place. I'm not even taking into account the quality of my time spent with Aunt Flo. I don't need to repeat my troubles, ya'll have been so patient up to this point.
So, on with the topic. This month, the system has deluded itself into insisting I did indeed ovulate again - ON CD9. Huh? Yup. And, it's giving me the score of "good" for my intercourse timing. Glad it thinks so.
This would make me 6dpo, and I don't give a damn. I am not going to fret around in the 2ww assuming everything is hunkydory, because I know damn well it is not. While it is fun to pretend there's a chance in hell that something might be going on, whatever it is won't be good.
But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Funny how a stupid little "tool" can really be such a tool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I thought we went over this...Fertility Friend sucks. I highly recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. For me, temps were a waste of time. Started checking CM and that's when I got success (well, if you don't count the end result).

Mon Jul 25, 12:49:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

Ha! FF does not stand for Fertility Friend in my book. Fill in your own fun words that start with F. Actually, when I first started it was interesting and helpful to see the charts, they were so purty! Then when all the purty charts didn't amount to crap, and then the charts turned all wonky, well then I just stopped dropping in for coffee at my Friend's place.

Mon Jul 25, 10:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I have never been able to get any decent results from FF -- not that that stops me from logging my temps every morning! I think it makes me feel like I'm actively doing something about my cycles, which is a bit unrealistic, to say the least. It's been 13 months since "the birth" and I've had only a couple of "normal" cycles -- most of them have been long and anovulatory (according to the Friend, anyway). We should all pull the curtain away and look at it for what it is -- a flimsy, hope-inducing "tool" that is for all intents and purposes totally useless! Just BD your brains out and hope for the best...

Tue Jul 26, 07:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home