Thursday, August 11, 2005

C'mon Vacation!

Man, I can't get through this week fast enough. I managed to schedule myself to the hilt between my two jobs, and now I barely have time to take care of the fine details before heading out of town and into a total brain meltdown.
Realized this morning that I had neglected to call the kennel to reserve the master suite for BigDawg, needed this Saturday. They, of course, don't answer the phone before 4pm, when I am at work. Can't call from work, because I'm too busy, er, working. Can't have The Husband call because he hates talking on the phone. And he never gets it right anyway. Or so he says. It's just like laundry and dishes. "I can't do them correctly, so I just won't do them at all". What he means to say, is "I don't WANT to do them, so I will mess up, causing you to fix my mistake(s), thus relieving me from having to perform this task in the future".
Anyway, I digress.
We're headin' back to Old Virginny. Every year at this time, we spend a good week or two visiting my parents. We missed out on our annual trek last year, because I was on bed rest. This year, I guess we'll have to make up for time lost. It will be the same thing as usual, but I'll try to enjoy as much fun as I can. The guys will go golfing. Mom and I will go shopping. We will take in a Tides game. We will get sand in our britches, and perhaps a nasty burn. And, this year, we're debating between Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion. Now, I don't care for amusement parks all that much, but The Boy does, and sometimes, with sufficient liquid encouragement, The Husband will indulge him on the Big And Scary Rides. Rides I wouldn't go near if you paid me. More power to them.
I'm a simple gal who likes to relax. I'm not a young kid anymore. I will turn 36 (thirty-six!) while we are away. Wow. Where did the time go? I don't go for the whole touristy boardwalk scene. I need less hustle and bustle and more booze in my cooler. And a pillow. Anyway. We'll go to quiet little Sandbridge to avoid the madness that is Va Beach itself. Ask me if I care about the ambiance and beach 'experience' we are missing. Go ahead, ask me. I'll sock you with my flotation device.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Happy Birthday and have fun sans overcrowdedbeach ambience:D

Big and scary rides are OK until we start measuring them in Gs and Mach 4 - whatever that means, I just know I've been scared beyond all sense on THOSE rides!

Thu Aug 11, 03:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

I can't see why VA Beach is still so popular when I encounter so many people who feel that it is quite annoying... :)

Enjoy your trip. I've never been to Sandbridge but comparatively it sounds lovely.

Thu Aug 11, 07:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Hmmmmmm I vote for Busch Gardens, but then again that might be because I am about 2 exits away from there........

I know what you mean about your dh not being able to call places. I swear it is a man thing.

Have a great trip!!

Thu Aug 11, 08:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks you guys, I really NEED this vacation. Wish I could bring you all with me! :-)
Hey, Julie, don't forget to wave at me!

Thu Aug 11, 09:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

Have a GREAT trip and a HAPPY birthday!

Thu Aug 11, 09:08:00 AM EDT  
Blogger S said...

Julie, have a GREAT and relaxing time in auld Virginny!

Men are just......well.......MEN, aren't they?

Make the big guy take you out for a fantastic birthday dinner and LOTS of lovin' afterwards!

:)

Thu Aug 11, 07:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

I don't do amusement park rides, they do not amuse me. But a pillow and a quiet beach sounds like just the ticket.

Fri Aug 12, 09:37:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home