Saturday, August 27, 2005

An idle mind

Ok, so clearly I need to get a hobby to occupy myself. Some notes from this morning's odd 'dreams':

  1. I was an anchor on a nightly news program. Sports, no less. I told them I thought all I had to do was read the teleprompter, but they insisted I write up the stories myself. I asked if I could do weather instead.
  2. I was signing to someone. I never saw the other person, and I didn't get a feeling as to whom it might have been. I was spelling out words with my limited knowledge of the ASL alphabet. As I went through the letters "T", "A", "D", I realized I didn't remember the fingering for "P", so I wrote it down. I continued on with "O", "L", and "E". Other than that, Laura, it had nothing to do with you. Promise.
  3. I was trying to drive an enormous piece of construction equipment. Even though I can a drive a stick, for some reason I could not get the hang of this.
  4. I drowned someone. I'm not sure who it was, but I held their head underwater as they thrashed about.

Do you get the feeling I am spending too much time online and not enough effort in pursuit of more enriching endeavors? Thought so.

I am slowly going crazy 123456 switch; crazy going slowly am I 654321 switch; I am slowly...

As The Boy and I both return to school on Monday, I am certain that I will be otherwise occupied, and not diddling around on here as often.
[a collective sigh of relief is heard]
Perhaps I will take a break, or perhaps I shall increase my posts to purge my head of all things nonsensical. I'm sure I can find something to bitch about. That's what I do.
At any rate, much love to all of you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ann Howell said...

I'm glad I'm not alone in my online gallavanting! Your dreams are a riot (except for that last one, of course -- that must have been disturbing) -- you should turn them into short stories. Hope the return to school is a fun adventure. What are you studying?

Ann

Sat Aug 27, 11:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

I had a dream last night that I found out I was Chinese, I looked in a mirror for the first time in my life. Can you say, Identity Crisis??

Sat Aug 27, 12:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

I vote for purging your head of all things nonsensical, but that's just me. :)

Sat Aug 27, 03:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

I second the vote of purging all nonsense. I would be lost without your nonsense.

Sat Aug 27, 06:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Yay for Julie's nonsense!! Don't you go hiding that away now young lady!

Sat Aug 27, 08:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

you don't post often enough for my liking as it is; don't go cutting me off!

as to the signing dream, did you read the post where i mentioned that justin signs against my belly to the tadpole? surely it was just the power of suggestion at work. or maybe you were talking to the tadpole in some other dimension - did anyone answer you back?

Sun Aug 28, 07:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lisa Martin said...

Hey, I'm confused, do you have a teenage son? For some reason I thought you didn't have any kids. doh!

Sun Aug 28, 06:10:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home