Friday, September 09, 2005

And sometimes, it's all about the poo

As anyone who's ever been on progesterone supplements will attest, flatulence becomes an issue. This time, so far, I am not on Prometrium, so I can only assume that my bloated bowels are the result of natural progesterone levels that are miraculously within normal limits. If my vehicle ran on farts, and farts alone, I would be $50 richer this week.
Then, there's the issue of regularity. I, with no galbladder and taking metformin for so long, have nary a problem with evacuation. I do so with frequency and fervor, a quality I have come to appreciate, in the end.
So I find myself in a public restroom, waiting, and trying, and waiting. I have a person waiting in the hall whom I have offered a ride to, and the three-stall potty area is fast filling up with other potential pottiers. It is, so they say, a potty crowd. Potty on, Wayne. Excellent.
And yet I sit. You know how sometimes you'll get one of those types of poop that you really, really wish you had some privacy for? The vacate-the-vicinity type? The kind that just won't go away, no matter what you do. It won't pinch off, it won't wipe away, and you're stranded in your stall with upwards of 10 people waiting for their turn, and everyone is getting woozy. It's a little embarrassing. But not so disheartening that I can't write about here, of course. Everybody poops.
Now, for some advice: If you find yourself standing in the kitchen at 4:30 am after having let the dogs out for the second time during the night when you really wish you could be sleeping and you feel like you need to fart... don't force it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa P. said...

I was afraid to click on that link. You are a clinical person, after all, and I thought there might be.. pictures. (Eww.)

My hubby will get a kick out of that link though!

Fri Sep 09, 07:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

"in the end"

*snicker*

Fri Sep 09, 09:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

oh hell...I hope you don't mind that I'm laughing at your expense.

"don't force it"

I have SO been there!

Fri Sep 09, 10:38:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home