Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Antici-pay-yay-shun

Pulling into the Outpatient Parking lot yesterday, I found myself singing along with Carly Simon on the radio. It made me want ketchup. On white bread, with cheddar. No meat.
SIL did not call back last night. It's just as well, because I was in bed around 10 anyway.
So, this morning, I have to be in classes all darn day, and invariably will miss any and all phone calls. In my messages to the almost-good-enough nurse, I always leave explicit instructions about how to reach me, what times I can take calls, and to please leave a voicemail which I will respond to asap. And the almost-good-enough nurse invariably says "Boy, you're hard to get ahold of". Back atcha, babe.
I worry that Dr. Wonderful himself may call, and I'll miss hearing his sexy accent. "Zzzhhoooleeee, congratulations. This one looks strong and healthy. Why don't you come in for an exam every week just to be sure."

So anyway, no news yet. We must remember I just had the blood drawn 12 hours ago, and I really am not supposed to get my results until this afternoon. It was I, and I alone, who was hopeful the offer from SIL was a possibility. And I completely understand that circumstances sometimes get in the way of stuff. So, I'm good. AND, besides all that, this is just my first number. The telling one will be in what, 48-72 hours?
I've been looking up "normals" for both HcG and Progesterone, and can't really find anything definitive, because they all are within different ranges. I vow to step back, and let the doc tell me what's good for me. Riiiiiiight. But I will try my best.

Hope everyone has a tremendous day. Thanks for playing along. I'll post when I know anything.


3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

ooooh! A ticker! I LOVE this! Fingers crossed for you!

Wed Sep 07, 10:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Hmmm, nothing yet, huh?? well, I hope it's because they haven't called (maybe??) and not that you've missed their call. That sounds backwards, but I hope you know what I mean. I hope you get the call when it comes, is what I mean.

Wed Sep 07, 12:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

SIL called me during my morning break, profusely apologizing that the results were not back yet last evening when she had to leave. Her buddy wasn't on yest. either, so she was unable to see my results. And of course she's off today. But that's okay.
I'm currently waiting for the office to call me back after two messages left today. They didn't answer the first one, either. Tomorrow is another day.

Wed Sep 07, 03:50:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home