Saturday, September 24, 2005

But your hiney is so cute in that backless number

He's home! Due to some scheduling difficulties, the stress test will be done 'sometime' on Monday. They actually thought they might keep him there over the weekend because
  • they could continue to monitor him
  • he's a flight risk
  • the doctor would rather be in a new Lexus, because his Infiniti is so last year

The hubster, however, made it more than clear that he'd be happier resting at home, and that his anal-retentive wifeypoo would surely monitor him just as well, for free. The cardiologist said OK, but the pcp took about 5 hours to get to the floor and discharge him. That was a stress test in itself. But, in the end, we are home. He is exhausted and weak, and enjoying the extra attention like you couldn't imagine. He walked away with only an order for baby aspirin. Presumably, some magic elf will be calling us on Monday to tell him when to come in for the treadmill. If he passes this, great! If not, they will do a cardiac catheterization. I have not yet explained this option to him. Why, you might ask? See the second bulleted item above.

On the ride home, The Boy was detailing his oh-so-pleasant day on the greens. G said, hey, maybe I'll come along tomorrow. I shot him a look. He'd be getting a cart, of course. I glared harder. Steam was wafting from my left nostril. I think I blew a vessel in my eye. G laughed. "I'm just kidding! Hee hee!". I told him if he was feeling better, the grass could be mowed. "Are you nuts, woman? Pittsburgh's playing the Pats tomorrow! I ain't gettin' off the couch!" The guy's chants of "Here we go Steelers, here we go! (Whoop, whoop!)" filled the air until Big G took a deep breath, leaned his head back, and said "Uhhm... Yeah, I'm staying on the sofa. When is my test?" Sigh.

But, all in all, he's home, he's alright (better than he was), and I'm glad. I'm feeling assured that the test(s) will be somewhat okay (mild angina, not something major), and he'll be put on some old-people medicine (his words, not mine). Then, we wait for the next big thing.

Thank you lovely folks for your kind words and hopeful thoughts. You're good people. Hugs!

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

He's a flight risk? I wouldn't grant him any consideration for probation then...not without an electronic ankle bracelet to monitor him. Or is that your job? lol

Sun Sep 25, 09:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

He's trying to get to me to grant him work release, but the review board won't undergo considerations at this time.
Do they make ankle bracelets with a shock mode? Just a little buzz to keep him in line?
"What we have here, is a failure to communicate..."

Sun Sep 25, 10:42:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home