Monday, September 19, 2005

Debbie Downer

Not much to say.
Busy. Worried. Bored.
Am either getting used to the symptoms, or they've pretty much stopped.
Still checking the paper, and questioning every little crampy/gassy type twinge I feel.
Appointment is this coming Friday, the 23rd.
That is quite too long to have to wait.
I am impatient.
I truly do feel that we won't see anything viable.
I am steadfastly refusing to go the natural route this time.
My last m/c took 6 weeks, and was still incomplete. I was miserable.
I am intending to plan the medical intervention(s) around my midterm school break if nothing happens on its own by then.
Assuming, of course, that we don't see a heartbeat. Which we probably won't. But if we do, then I'll feel happy, if not stupid (for assuming the worst).
Then again, I may spend the next two or three days in utter misery wondering why I complained about "no symptoms" in the first place.
I hate not being in control.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Ah...the ever-elusive control. I'm a queen of this territory. Distraction is key. Can you escape to a spa or something? Get a manicure? Shop? Anything to get your mind off of "it?"

I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Mon Sep 19, 09:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Woh-woh...

That's the sound my husband makes for me - you know, Debbie Downer.

He does it a lot.

Mon Sep 19, 11:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I'm sending you as much positive energy as I can muster to help you get through the week. I hope it flies by and the results are nothing but good. Remember that you've got support around here, no matter what happens.

Ann

Mon Sep 19, 01:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Well I am here along with you so I won't bother even blogging about it except to say 'what she said'.

Don't feel stupid for expecting the worst. The worst has happened to you more than once.

I wonder if there is a way to be horribly pessimistic without it encroaching onto your everyday life?

I always say, expect the worst and anything else is a happy sirprise:)

I used to say, 'look for the good in a situation/person and you will find it.' Oh well....

Mon Sep 19, 05:17:00 PM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

buck up, little camper!

sorry. that's all i've got. sorry everything feels sucky.

Mon Sep 19, 09:27:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home