Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Getting Leid

Yesterday, the hospital had a Hawaiian Picnic. Because, what says the tropics best like potato salad and franks & beans?
Posted at various entrances to the party zone were several members of the Excess Revenue Committee, handing out cheap plastic leis. And, I might add, donned in fake grass skirts, their business suits really screamed out for pity.
"The Pina Colada Song" and some assorted Jimmy Buffet tunes were jamming in the background whilst I awaited my turn at the hamburger pile.
I still have TPCS running through my head. Make it stop!
Well, okay, that song, and Sammy John's "Chevy Van". And that's alright with me.
I get home, and tell G how I got leid at lunch.
He was not impressed.
He did, however, point out something I had not paid any mind to before.
They had a dozen or so colors to chose from, and while I was wanting (?) a teal lei for myself, when it was my turn, the lady eyed me up and down, and said "You need some pink", and handed me - you guessed it - a pink one.
This was, G says, "a sign". Because, you know, he thinks we're having a girl. Uh huh.
Oh yeah, he's optimistic. Gotta love him for it, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Forgive me for being surprised that he even thought it was a sign...I didn't think he'd believe in that stuff (just based on the way you have described him).

Tue Sep 20, 11:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

He's getting a little weirded out lately. I can't explain it. We were even cleaning out the basement and ran across some wallpaper borders that I forgot we had (from two homes ago). He said, Oh Look. Roses. We'll keep these for the baby girl's room.
HUH??
Hope he's more intuitive than I have been. :-)

Tue Sep 20, 04:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Ack! I haven't visited for a while and there is a BFP in my absence. I feel derelict in my blog reading.

Congrats! (I think...do you want congrats....???) I'd better go read up....

Tue Sep 20, 04:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Men are funny creatures like that. I am so used to thinking of them as thick that i have to remember that sometimes they 'just know' stuff as well.

I guess it is easy to see it is a good way to survive the ride if it isn't another little boy too.

Will you find out the gender should the opportunity arise? (I can't imagine any kid of yours to hold back and be modest;) LOL )

Tue Sep 20, 05:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger chris said...

Finally got caught up. Good luck on Friday. I'll be thinking about you.

Wed Sep 21, 10:32:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home