Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lessons in inefficiency

I don't have any news yet, folks. Yesterday was a complete waste of time and energy, what with trying to get things scheduled and sitting by the phone. I can go into more detail at another time, if you're really really interested, but I'll try to keep this short.
Today, at 7:30am, he is to be having that damn stress test. Which I am sure he will pass (after dealing with all the bullshit yesterday). Will post results later.

In other news, I finally decided to do a quickie rune reading. I never could get the one to work that the lovely Jill posted, so I went in search of my own, and found this site.
It tells you to concentrate on an issue, not a question. Instead of asking "Will this baby be born healthy?", I thought "A healthy baby is important". Then, you click on a rune from the layout. This was my result:
(the site won't let me copy and paste, so I have to type it out)
Jera
Harvest
One Year
This Rune often announces a fertile season, a happy coming to term.
Jera is the Rune of beneficial results relating to any activity or interest that concerns you at this moment of your life. You have prepared the ground and planted the seed, and now you must cultivate it. Jera offers an incentive towards success.
Don't expect fast results, however. As with a harvest, a cultivation cycle or maturing process is needed to finally be able to recollect the fruits of your labor. You have done a good job, and now Jera advises you to persevere and be patient.



Pretty cool. I want to do another one just for fun, but I don't want to jinx anything. I guess these things, as with horoscopes and fortune cookies, can be read any way you want to believe, but I just thought this one was kinda nifty.

7 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

"a happy coming to term" sounds great, but "one year" is an awful long time to be pregnant, don't you think? i mean, 40 weeks is long enough. maybe they're using the interpretation that the "happiest baby on the block" book people do, where the first three months after birth are treated as the fourth trimester of gestation. otherwise, you're in for a long haul!

Tue Sep 27, 08:08:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

I have to say that although I love playing at all this new age stuff and WANT to believe, I am pretty skeptical.

However, these rune readings seem to be about as good as they get don't you think? My one was like yours and I did it before my positive test...

I will now go and have a look at the one you did:)

Tue Sep 27, 09:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

OK, here is my one. It is the rune that looks like this: X, and it is called GEBO. I like what I got!!

Fortune smiles, and nice surprises will arrive unexpectedly. Something positive is on its way, something that is totally deserved. You will probably receive awards, maybe a promotion, an acknowledgement or a gift. There is hope and joy. There are fulfilled promises and dreams come true. There is grace and forgiveness.

Maybe some type of partnership is about to be born. If this is the case, Gebo reminds you to keep your individuality: remember that true partnership occurs when two beings form a team, each one retaining their own singularity.

Tue Sep 27, 09:06:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I'm just tuning into this latest story and I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is okay. I hope the stress test goes well this morning.

And that's a wonderful rune reading you got -- a great reason to suspend disbelief for a while!

Tue Sep 27, 11:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

Oh great, this is my rune:

Isa
Pause
Ice
________________________________________________________________________
Isa

Positive achievements are not probable at this moment. Activities are frozen and maybe all your plans are halted. Nevertheless, do not despair: this is the moment of gestation that precedes birth.

This pause is probably due more to external circumstances rather than internal. However, try to find what internal aspects keep you in this position and let them go. Clean, discard, let go of the past. This will help accelerate the thawing process.

Remember that the seed sleeps under the ground during winter. Trust your own process and wait for the signs of Spring.


Alright, I take back my earlier comment -- this is all a bunch of crap, lol!

Tue Sep 27, 12:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Any news yet? I hope all the results are clear.

Tue Sep 27, 05:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

I got Ansuz...you can guess the issue...

This Rune advises you to expect the unexpected. It is a message that calls you towards change and renovation, maybe even towards a new life. There will be new relations, new links, new contacts created, and therefore it is recommended that you keep your eyes and ears open during meetings or casual encounters.

On the other hand, Ansuz reminds you that you must first love and nourish yourself before trying to love and nourish others: it is impossible to give what one does not have. This Rune reminds you to remind yourself.

Now where the heck are you with the update?

Tue Sep 27, 07:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home