Thursday, September 29, 2005

Smell you later

Ok, so maybe morning sickness isn't completely kicking my ass, but i guess I do have some symptoms.
For what it's worth, I do gag while brushing my teeth. I have learned to brush before I get dressed, thus avoiding the change-of-panties routine.
I am lightheaded. Dizzy, the husband tell me. But I am not blonde. Ever mindful of my blood pressures, I may have to discontinue the labetalol until I am farther along and reaching precariously higher values.
But the aromas around me! Oh my, the scents in the world. How curiously intense.
My dogs stink. Really, I had never noticed this before. They're dogs. With B.O. Wet dogs are even more odiferous.
Something in my basement smells like dirt. Not filth, mind you, just dirt. And not the fresh-from-the-farm fertilizer either. Just fresh, moist, rich earth. Sort of like potatoes. A paper bag full of freshly dug russet potatoes.
Not altogether unpleasant. Until it makes me think of worms, and then I get a little creeped out. Large squiggly piles of slimy worms is just gross.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

ewwww!

Thu Sep 29, 10:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

oooh, how slimy! great now i am feeling grossed out too!

Thu Sep 29, 04:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home