Friday, September 23, 2005

Tick. Tock.

I'm just trying to bide my time while waiting for my appointment. Sure, I could be sleeping, but, um, well, nah.
A word about signs, and good luck charms. I totally stole this from Lisa, but I wanted to share the fortunes I have collected since we buried Nick. I only kept the good ones, of course, I mean, really - has anyone ever gotten a negative fortune cookie? Sure hope not.
First words of wisdom:
Your determination will bring you much success.
Next:
Now is the time to try something new.
And, lastly:
All your hard work will soon pay off.
That last one should have been Gerry's, because he's the one who worked up a sweat.
But, I digress.
Remember the wishbone I used in my cryptic announcement to Mr. Dense? I "won". We left it laying on the nightstand, and apparently Big Dawg ate it. I guess that's okay, though. Not like he choked on it or anything, I suppose that might be construed as a bad sign.
I have saved wishbones for as long as I can remember. My dad used to do it. I carried over the tradition, and added a few twists of my own. We save the Thanksgiving turkey's wb until New Years eve, and "make a wish" with it on or near the strike of midnight. Let me tell you right now, I don't think it really works. But, anyway. Some other New Year good-luck-timewasters:
Growing up in the south, we always thought black-eyed peas (the vegetable, not the group) were lucky. When I moved to western PA, imagine my horror that 1) several of my inlaws had NEVER EATEN beps; and 2) you were SUPPOSED to eat kolbasi and kraut. Who knew? Being the industrious sort, I now thoughtfully prepare both dishes, so we can be assured of a gassy January 1st. Lucky or not, them's some good eatin'.
I had more little gems to share, but I am now drawing a blank. Go figure. It's just as well, what with 3 hours left to wait and all I probably should fashioning a stylish topiary or at least shave my legs.
Next dispatch: How the dildocam rocks my world. Film at 11.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa P. said...

We personally do pork roast and kraut... but then again I don't even *like* Iron City, so that may influence it some.

All my good vibes will be pointed ever-so-slightly eastbound for you, k?

Fri Sep 23, 07:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

I think I can do without the film, if you don't mind. :o)

We eat pork roast and kraut too. Something about pork and cabbage being good luck...my husband swears it's an Irish thing. I'll have to look it up one day.

Not that this can live up to your wishbone and fortune cookies...but Good luck!

Fri Sep 23, 09:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Do you do something special to make cabbage into kraut?

And I had to ask in order to disguise the fact that I am back here checking for the 3rd time since 11pm to see if things are all good with you and Junior.

Thinking of you and I will be back first thing in the morning to see how you are ((hugs))

Fri Sep 23, 10:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home