Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ya know what gets my goat

I am supposing, assuming, hypothesizing, alleging, imagining, and guessing that if they found nothing wrong with the hubster, that they, in turn, would be unable to treat a non-existent condition.
Along with the no-news-is-good-news mantra, and the assurance that "some guy" was indeed "a doctor" (who did not identify himself or speak to the patient), we are going on the assertion that they surely would have called us (or kept him) if there was a problemo. Si'?
But wait! I did get a call today! It was on the answering machine! I called back immediately! Five hours later! They had no idea why I was calling! Or who had called me! It was almost 4pm. How on earth are they supposed to solve this new mystery when they are packing up for the day? How, indeed. With such a tremendously large office staff, it would be nearly impossible to turn around to the girl behind you and, oh I don't know, ASK.
Turns out, are you ready for this.... they needed to verify our insurance information. Oh yeah. Did they have any information to spare regarding the outcome of the test? Is he actually going to see the doctor again for some treatment? "I can't help you with that information, but if you contact your primary care physician, he should be able to help you out."
Oh yeah, that's right, we don't HAVE a pcp. Why? Because G never gets sick. Hence the no-physicals-or-checkups-even-though-he's-over-40-and-not-the-picture-of-health. And I, having been pregnant for the better part of the last 3 years, utilize my hot OB for everything. Well, almost, dang it. But I digress.
So, we are awaiting a callback from the potential new pcp. And believe me when I tell you that G is actually, truthfully, looking forward to seeing him. I am not kidding. The man is still uncomfortable, and scared. He wants medications. And follow-up. And assurance.
He needs to go back to work, and having been discharged with no activity limitations ("as tolerated"), he feels he has been cleared to go back to work. Which would be fine, if I could be guaranteed that he isn't going to keel over out there.
OHHHHHHHHH, thaaaat's riiiiiight...... there ARE no guarantees in life. How stupid of me to forget. So, to hell with seatbelts and brushing my teeth, I could get bonked on the head by a falling anvil tomorrow! beepbeep!
Ok enough of that.
Want to hear the latest twist in my life?
The Boy. He got involved in an altercation at school. Not his fault. Really, mom, it wasn't. I swear. There are witnesses. This other kid started it. He "ball-tapped" Josh, who in turn, said,"You want summa this??" and proceeded to engage in a shoving match. Somewhere in the tussle, the female substitute teacher was meandering along behind them and got caught in the mix, sustaining an injury to her nose (possibly broken! yah!).
She intends to press charges.
Meeting with the administrators tomorrow morning promptly at 8am. Not happy.
Funny how a string of bad luck just goes pingpingping all at once. We can go numbly along for months on end without anything exciting happening, and all of a sudden---> straight to hell in a handbasket.
Seems like all I ever do on here is complain. Please forgive me. It's that bad karma I'm burning... leaves a nasty stench in the air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

That's it...no more new Nikes for the boy. And the hubster...tell him to sit down and shut up or I'm going to come out there and hog tie him down on the couch (and I'm a farm girl...I turn a mighty mean hog tie).

Good grief! If you need a break, call me. We'll escape the insanity together. And we can talk about baby stuff (or how much we're afraid of talking about baby stuff...whatever).

{{{hugs}}}

Thu Sep 29, 09:32:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home