Friday, September 23, 2005

Yippee Skippy rah rah rah

Bloglandia, we have a heartbeat! Huge sigh of relief.
My favorite wandmonkey found it immediately, and hooked up the sound so I could hear it whooshing.
See, last time I had one this early (with Nick), I was bleeding badly, and it was hard to visualize. This time, knock on wood, it was so clear and spacious (how'd my ute get so huge??) that you could see EVERYTHING. Even the yolk sac, about two inches above the little lima bean. Which, of course, I had to ask - is that a second baby? Now, my favorite wandmonkey, you see, is excellent at her job, really she is. But she has the bedside manner of a menopausal Bea Arthur wearing an underwire thong backward. She incredulously inquired "What are you talking about?" as I tried to point out to her the rather obvious bleb on the screen. I swear to Joe Pesci that she rolled her eyes as she said, through gritted teeth, "That is the YOLK SAC". Umm. Okay, sorry chief. Didn't mean to get all interactive and shit.
But anyway. Then I had to go sit in a room with the intake nurse and relive every minute detail of my last pregnancy. (Hint: just read the damn chart, mmmkay?) Finally, I was whisked over to vampira who swiftly and actually rather painlessly took FIVE TUBES OF BLOOD. Naturally, I was feeling a mite peckish after all the fun and games, so I hit McDooDoos on the way home.
So, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the newest occupant measuring a strong 7 weeks (6w6d):


[groan. i have been trying for about an hour to get my pic to load. i'll keep trying and edit this later. trust me though, it's one cute little lima bean!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the picture.

Fri Sep 23, 12:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

Hooray! I will be back to see the pic but am very happy for you.

Fri Sep 23, 12:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Anam Cara said...

Congratulations, I am SO happy it all went well! Go little lima bean!!!

Fri Sep 23, 01:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Way- hay!!! Very cool and wonderful news. I guess we'd all be grumpy with an underwire worn like that...

Fri Sep 23, 04:53:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home