Sunday, September 25, 2005

You suck and that's sad

Stupid things people say and do... somewhere there has to be a compilation in book form, sort of a "How to annoy others and get away with it" manual. And if there is, surely my inlaws have it in paperback, purchased from the bargain bin at the dented can store.
Why didn't you make him go in sooner?
He's stubborn like his dad, but you need to put your foot down.
You need to start cooking healthier meals.
Do you serve salads? You should keep a big bowl of lettuce and some chopped tomatoes in the fridge so he can snack on that.
It's a shame his stress level is so high.
Maybe if he didn't have to work so hard in order to make ends meet.
This is why he needs his free time to unwind.
Were you guys having a fight?
Why hasn't he been going in for regular checkups?
You should know that by age 40, men need to have a physical.
He just needs to relax.

{Sure worked for me. heh}

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Well then, obviously it is all your fault, huh? Somebody SLAP them - PLEASE???

As if things weren't shitty enough without that rubbish on top.

Glad G's ok enough to come home to rest but make sure you don't overdo it yourself ok?

How's The Boy at making tea and ordering take away food? I think it is time for his manhood rites of passage to begin;)

Take care ((hugs))

Sun Sep 25, 07:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

At least you have the right attitude...you know they suck...you think it's sad...and you don't even try to change them. It took me a long time to realize I wasn't going to change my mother-in-law. Life is so much more pleasant now that I don't feel guilty for ducking her phone calls. :o)

Sun Sep 25, 09:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

"Hey, you know that frock you bought me last Christmas? It really brings out G's eyes. Can he borrow your new heels?"

Sun Sep 25, 01:33:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lisa Martin said...

they want someone to blame, so you'r the obvious choice. I'm so sorry. If you can, do this the next time they make a crack like that: I care about him more than you know. I told him every thing you're saying I should have told him. After a while, I had to shut up. So maybe you should too. Or better yet, I'll call you next time this happens and you can say all this to him.

Sun Sep 25, 02:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Donna said...

Glad you hear he's back at home and under your care. People suck, yup, there's no getting around that. You, however, are a goddess, don't forget that.

Mon Sep 26, 04:28:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home