Monday, October 31, 2005

The good, the bad, and the ugly

First the good:
12w(2d) check up was A-OK. Patti (the midwife) had a little trouble locating the heartbeat immediately. Two weeks ago it was right there, first try, lower left. This time, the little bugger was playing games and when she thought she had it, it disappeared. THEN, she heard two. TWO! But, alas, 'twas only my own with the Maybe's. She actually had to feel and count my pulse as she was listening to them both, as my own by this time was 116 (or something).
Back again in 4 weeks.
The bad:
Dr. Wonderful is starting me on insulin now. Right now. At 12 weeks. Like more than twice as early as last time.
And now, for the ugly: Ass zits are not funny. Especially when your husband makes fun of you. The big jerk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Glad the Maybe is fine - go kiddo! Sorry about the insulin and G's stupid remarks;) Does he realise he will never see your arse again (spotty or not!) if he says these things out loud??

But mostly I am really pleased that the bub is doing well:)

Tue Nov 01, 05:31:00 AM EST  
Blogger Catherine said...

awesome! four weeks...will you be finding out the baby's gender then?

Tue Nov 01, 09:12:00 AM EST  
Blogger Julie said...

Thank you for your comments!
I'm pretty sure I won't get the big u/s to see the gender and all the other stuff until I'm closer to 20 weeks or so(like, two more months). Seems like forever!

Tue Nov 01, 04:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home