Thursday, October 13, 2005

Yupsidoodles

Lady at the bank: ::sigh:: Yesss?
Me: Hi, I'd like to deposit this check please.
Lady: Do you have an account here?
Me: ?? [No. What I'd like to do is stick this into >that guy's> account, you idiot.]
Lady: Is this your bank?
Me: It's not my usual branch, but yes, I do have an account that I would like to deposit this into. Please.
Lady: You didn't sign it.
Me: It's just a deposit but okay... um, do you have a deposit slip I could use?
Lady: Is this your name?
Me: It's the one I'm using today, yes.
Lady: (Icy stare)
Me: (Pulling out my driver's license) My account number is 435...
Lady: WAIT. Just.Hold.On. ::sigh::
Me: Sorry.
Lady: What is your address?
Me: ### nameofstreet; but I know my account number! It is 4350...
Lady: This would be easier if you had brought your deposit slip.
Me: I realize that, I apologize.
(How fucking hard can it be to type off a deposit slip, or let me fill one out myself, or just type in what I'm telling you?????????)

After she scrutinized my appearance, my photo ID, compared my name on my ID, my account, and my check, she began counting out the money.

Me: This is a deposit.
Bank Bitch: You should have said so!

Jesus H. Christ, where do they find these people?

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

They're all brought up in the same snotty city somewhere in the Midwest and then shipped out to Everytown, USA...to annoy the crap out of us.

Fri Oct 14, 03:27:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

One day I am coming to your town to run errands with you. Cos that, annoying as it was to you, was pure gold!

Fri Oct 14, 06:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

oh, god, i hope it's not the bank for which i work. but it probably is. our retail banking experience frankly sucks.

Sun Oct 16, 05:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

My bank has changed hands a total of 4 times in the 9 years we have been with them. The newest version is "FNB", which often propels me to say I'm going to the 'effin' bank.

Mon Oct 17, 12:15:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home