Saturday, December 03, 2005

Uh. Yeah. Can I have mine "to go"?

So, you see. It's like this.
You know that little baby that just fell out of my vagina a month ago?
It was a girl by the way. Perfectly normal. More on that later.
And apparently my body thinks it is fucking hilarious to keep taunting me.
Like, you know, how I kept bleeding for 27 days.
And then that day I woke up to slaughtered deer guts on my bed? Oh that's right, that was MY blood.
And then... this is funny, guys, listen to this shit....
I'm still pregnant.
Heehee! My hcg was still in the double digits!
My husband would be the first one to tell you I have trouble letting things go.
Sometimes, it leads to rage. Or, 'rrhage. Hemorrhage, that is.
I just spent 3 restful days in our local hospital with all kinds of tubes and tests and catheters and poking and prodding and milk and cookies and dancing clowns holding winning lottery tickets.
Got my very first D&C. I am now a member of The Club.
Also got 4 units of blood (packed RBCs but let's not get too technical).
I don't even remember one whole day of my life.
Which is fine. I mean, really. Hypovolemia, shock and cardiac monitoring aside, I'm still alive after all.
And now, let us take one moment to ponder irony.
Due to a full census, the only available room to admit me (once stabilized) was.....
Pediatrics.
Somebody up there wuvs me.

17 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

good god, enough already! you deserve a break today. sorry, that was cheesy - just trying to go with your "to go" theme.

i can't believe what you're going through, but i'm so glad you're doing better physically now. i wish i could *do* something, but i'm at a loss. let me know if i can; if not, know i'm thinking of you.

Sun Dec 04, 09:37:00 AM EST  
Blogger Catherine said...

Holy shit! I just can't think of anything else to say right now. Mind if I call?

Sun Dec 04, 10:32:00 AM EST  
Blogger Donna said...

Enough already, indeed! I am so sorry this story doesn't seem to want to end. Its hard to move forward when your body keeps pulling stunts like this. Take care of yourself.

Sun Dec 04, 03:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger lorem ipsum said...

Ugh. Horrible on top of horrible. Welcome home, though.

BTW, how does having a D&C make you a member of 'the club'? I'd say you were long before then... but if it's a D&C club, the T-shirt is on its way.

Sun Dec 04, 05:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger chris said...

Holy crap. I'm sorry. It's a sucky club to belong to.

Sorry about your little girl. My heart goes out to you.

Sun Dec 04, 08:02:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lord. I think this is the sort of thing they were thinking of when they came up with the expression "worse coming to worst." Someone up there sure believes in tough wuv. Served with an Uzi and blowtorch and lawnmower blades.

I'm so sorry about all you've gone through and are still going through, Julie. May I suggest a roaring bonfire to give this craptastic year the sendoff it deserves?

Mon Dec 05, 06:35:00 AM EST  
Blogger AJW5403 said...

I am so sorry the way things have been going for you. I just hope that things start going your way here soon. Thank goodness you are ok. Whose bright idea was it to put you on the pedi. floor? Some people have no clue. And D&C’s suck I have had two and hope to never have another. Hugs to you.

Mon Dec 05, 10:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger kate said...

OMG wow...enough already is the phrase. I am so sorry. I am glad you are home. I am thinking of you. ((((((((hugs)))))))

Mon Dec 05, 10:46:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell? It's too bad you can't remember that part!

This all sucks. Really, really sucks. Not that you don't know that already - I'm just backing you up on that...

And I'm really so sorry about your girl.

Mon Dec 05, 12:28:00 PM EST  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh good God. I am so sorry you have to go through all of this shit. It's really not right at all. Thinking of you. ((((((((hugs))))))))

Mon Dec 05, 04:25:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE tell me you at least won a million bucks or something?

ugh.

rach

Tue Dec 06, 11:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

Life is a real kick in the pants these days, isn't it?! Thinking of you... so sorry you have to go through all of this.

Tue Dec 06, 01:17:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody owes you. Seriously. You must have some good kharma coming your way. That's a totally beyond shitty experience. I'm so sorry you ahd to go through that.

Tue Dec 06, 02:42:00 PM EST  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh honey....this is just awful. I am so so sorry you are going through all of this.

Tue Dec 06, 05:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger laura said...

hey, julie - just checking in to see how you're doing. so how are you?

Thu Dec 08, 06:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

I thought I responded to this post initially, but it turns out I did not. I'm sorry! Thinking of you...

Fri Dec 09, 08:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger DD said...

Holy crap, woman! For some reason your recent posts aren't showing up on my bloglines so when I linked to see what the heck is going on, I find you at this point?!

I am so sorry! That blows! Also, didn't the doc check on your hcg as a follow-up to the MC initially? If not, someone needs their ass kicked.

Mon Dec 12, 09:09:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home