Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Confidence, Schmonfidence

I didn't really need this right now. Here I am thinking quietly to myself, do I really need to be "planning" for pregnancy when I might be starting a new job?, when prior to the interview my uterus began cramping in such a way that I inwardly screamed do I really need to be expecting my period in the middle of this meeting?
I can't say whether or not the interview went perfectly for me, any more than I can predict if I might start bleeding at any moment. What I can confirm, is that both situations made me feel uncomfortable and unprepared, and my day is starting to suck big balls.
As I strap in my insurance padding, I'm reviewing all those damn questions and what I "should have" answered, had my brain been functioning at full throttle.
I think I might have had better luck with a Rorschach test.
Two and a half hours of :
Tell me about a time when you feel you really made a difference.
And how did that make you feel?
Did you encounter any obstacles?
How did you handle that situation?
Where do you see yourself a year from now?
Five, ten, twenty years?
Do you have any plans for continuing education?
How would you rate your supervisory skills? Organization? Confidence under pressure?
Ummmm... uh.. well... I....
I drew a blank. Because that's what I do.
Look buddy. Give me the fucking job, and I promise I'll show up for every scheduled shift, m'kay?
So help me, if I start spotting today I'm going to really be pissed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

uuugh Julie - not much I can say on this one. I'm the Queen of Inappropriate Period Moments. (IPM for short)

I have ever confidence that you'll make a wonderful impression and WOW them into begging you to take the job.

Tue Apr 18, 03:18:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so bummed out after the interview. I have had months where I have felt really crampy for maybe two days leading up to O. I figure this happens when there are a couple of follies duking it out. And then it dissappears entirely. I so hope this is what is happening to you right now. Thinking of you ((hugs))

Wed Apr 19, 05:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger kate said...

Ugh, i *hate* ludicrous interview questions....and those are some doozies. I hope that it went better than you think (sometimes that happens!)...and that jill is right about the follies..

Wed Apr 19, 12:42:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home