Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A little of this, a little of that

From the mailbag:
Is Fishmas over? Can we take down the decorations? hehehe
Yes, gentle reader, you may. If you believe in Santa Claus and the magic of the season, then you must also trust in the illusion of Futility Friend, who says I have ovulated.
The trout have been caught, battered and fried, and consumed with tenative gusto (mercury and PCBs be damned).
According to FF, based solely on my temps, I am 6dpo. Being on CD28, I of course am fighting the urge to test, even though they tell me to wait 10.more.days.
I never saw even the faintest hint of a second line on the OPKs.
The analyzer rates our efforts as "good", whereas we might go so far as to say "spectacular".
~~~
Just for shits and giggles I phoned in to Dr. Wonderful's nurses' voicemail line to inquire about the safety of a cortisone injection if 1) I might be pregnant or 2) I start my next round of Clomid. I have a raging case of lateral epicondylitis that needs a'fixin'. A what? Tennis elbow. Old raquetball injury. hahaha
Depo-Medrol is a category "C" drug, which is contraindicated in the first trimester.
OK. And what about its' effects on Clomid?
I don't know.
Could you ASK?
We recommend you don't undergo any treatments involving drugs or radiation while trying to conceive.
Who said anything about radiation?
Do you really need this form of therapy?
I really could use some psychotherapy, thanks for asking, but yes, I do need the use of my left arm on occasion.
Physical and occupational therapy is an acceptable alternative. It has proven to be the safest form of treatment.
Yes, I have used this in the past. I have pages of exercises to use, and I am well versed on the application of ice, heat, various braces, and the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to ease my discomfort.
You should not employ the use of NSAIDS while trying to conceive, or while pregnant.
No kidding. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that I am NOT pregnant. My scheduled appointment for said cortisone injection directly into my aching elbow is a mere 6 days away. Even if I were to start my period this very moment, the Clomid will have been just begun and my body not yet willing to release an egg by the time the shot will be delivered. Will cortisone affect the efficacy of Clomid, or cause my ovaries to burst into tears?
I'll have to ask. But really, if you can put off receiving this injection, it would be best. After all, you do have two arms. That's why God equipped us with appendages in matching pairs.
~~~
Last evening, when I arrived home at 7pm, there was a call on the answering machine from the HR dept. of the place I had most my recent interview. Could the hubster have called me earlier in the day to let me know? Yes. Why didn't he? He didn't know what it was about, and he didn't want to bug me. This is The.Job. that had me all in a twist last week. They'd like me to call them back, please. Could I sleep last night? Hardly. Did I wake up at 5am this morning. Sure did. Do they open at 8, 8:30, or 9am? What if they don't want me? What if they do?
~~~
As I near the due date of the little baby girl I should be carrying, I want to share a couple of items that have helped to soothe the anguish of the past year.
Catherine made this beautiful bracelet for me, including crystals in the birthstone colors for Nicholas (Amethyst) and my other two miscarriages that both occured in November (Topaz). Note the cute little baby feet. I have worn this on a number of occasions, and have received an inquiry or two. It is just beautiful.









Jill sent me this lovely little Angel Pin (I apologize I can't take a clear pic of it no matter what). The accompanying card has a beautiful verse on it that I find so very comforting. This, too, I have worn many a time, and always think of my little angels sitting on my shoulders as I go about my day.









I should have acknowledged these thoughtful gifts months ago, so now that I have my camera/software/computer up and running, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank my sweet friends for their kindness. Love you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Well you answered all my questions and have made me feel so ... I dunno .... but I'm really pleased to have made some small difference to you - although of course it wasn't ever about me.

I'll be checking back very often to see if FF is insane or if maybe the O bombs have at least regulated your cycle if not (gulp) have done their absolute best job and made you preggars again. With G's help of course;)

Thu Apr 27, 08:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kellie said...

Okay well not ALL "appendages" are in matching pairs... if they were *I'd* only get HALF the flack I get from the husband after a positive OPK. Instead of "I just can't do it again tonight honey" I'd get "Use the other one baby!". hehehe

I hope you get the answer your looking for from HR. The bracelet and pin are lovely.

Oh...and I'm tagging your butt. The details are on my blog.

Thu Apr 27, 09:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm sorry you have to remember your due date with a bracelet and pin, instead of a screaming baby. I so wish happy things for you...including a screaming baby (or two).

You'd better post or email with the news about the job...or else!

Thu Apr 27, 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger soralis said...

I just came across your blog... I am soo sorry for everything you have been through. What a beautiful bracelet and pin

Take care and I wish you the best

Thu Apr 27, 11:25:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home