Saturday, May 13, 2006

bitter little pill

Ironical? Rhetorical? Mockery?
Stopping for breakfast and ordering the Double Play special.
A crow perched on the sign leading to Sanctuary.
Corner bar on the way to the cemetery: Last Call.
VBS: Let your children vacation with God.
~~~
Today is the due date for my little girl who couldn't be with us anymore.
Today is the day I complete the degree for which I sacrificed so much, including the three little babies that suffered their demise during my educational endeavors.
Today I will plan complex feeding arrangments for my mother and mother-in-law's Mother's Day brunch tomorrow.
Today I will sadly think of all my friends out there who have lost their children.
Mothers.
And I will swallow my sarcasm but for a moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

And we will continue to think of you and hope we all have a chance to heal but still remember.

Sat May 13, 10:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

Made me laugh...thanks.

Congratulations on your graduation. I'm sorry you're not celebrating it with your baby girl.

I hope you have a good Mother's Day [or at least it doesn't suck as bad as mine :o)]

{{{hugs}}}

Sat May 13, 06:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

Happy Mother's Day, Julie! You have so much to be proud of, I'm just so sorry that there is so much sadness to go along with it. You're an amazing woman.

Sun May 14, 10:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

happy mother's day, julie - hope you survive the brunch plans.

Sun May 14, 11:38:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home