Thursday, June 15, 2006

Losersayswhat?

I wouldn't say I fell off the wagon, because I never really was ON the wagon. I petted the horses, checked the wheels, gathered some straw, and considered climbing aboard. But before I could jump on the back, something spooked the team and the goddamn thing ran me over.
One more time. I can stop whenever I want. Just one more, and I'll quit for good. Promise.
I'm ashamed to admit I have a drug problem. Clomid, Serophene, Clomiphene citrate - all names for the same thing: devil drugs, I'm telling you. Those little white fuckers with the enticing promise of engorging my ovaries to the point of bursting out eggs, eggs, and more eggs... oh.my!!!!
Yeah. So.
I did do another round this month. Today was my follicle scan.
I had two or three good ones on the left. Huge ones.
My right ovary is MIA. After much searching and grinding and digging around, it may have been located, all small and lumpless - there sure as hell were no follicles there - nor the hunky cysts that tend to hang around on the old girls. My honest guess? That wasn't my ovary. It exploded last month and left behind a white flag of defeat.
I got the trigger - at a half dose.
And the advisement that, if I don't conceive this month, I am to return for a scan at the onset of my next cycle - before I'm due to start the Clomid (as if), so they can ascertain what leftovers I might be sporting. I don't know what they're looking for, but I will consult Dr. Google. And they think maybe I should be doing the follicle scan around cd12 instead.
What-EVER. I mean, gosh. This is like, so totally uncool.
After this coming weekend's screwapalooza, we will grudgingly enter the psychosis-inducing two.week.wait.
And that's all I have to say about that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I hate that two week wait. I will keep it all crossed for you.

Fri Jun 16, 03:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Hoping that you do not chafe during screwapalooza.

I think they may be looking for a grafian (sp?) cyst to make sure one of those follies actually burst. But with PCOS maybe that will be hard?

Anyway, wishing you all the luck in the world. I hope this one's it.

Fri Jun 16, 08:08:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kellie said...

Maybe the right one was taking a little vacation this month or, maybe it's still early in your cycle and the things just haven't started on that side yet? Yuck...it's always "what ifs"!

Have fun this weekend!!

Fri Jun 16, 09:26:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diana said...

I hope this is it. I will be sending all types of vibes your way which include {but are not limited to ;)} CONCEIVE! FERTILIZE! START FORMING A BABY DAMMIT!
Your eggs and those spermies better listen...

Fri Jun 16, 11:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

at least you'll always have screwapalooza...

Fri Jun 16, 05:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home