Saturday, July 15, 2006

And then

Is nothing sacred?
I have been g00gled. Someone was looking for "free n00kie", and my site appeared (among a gazillion others, of course). What I hoped they realized is that I was advertising "hassle free n00kie", not a freebie. I have credit cards that need paid, dude.

Read it and weep
This article was interesting.
CONCLUSION: Women with prior fetal death are at high risk for subsequent pregnancy loss and recurrent fetal death, with fewer than 25% of pregnancies resulting in surviving infants. These data underscore the need for additional research into the pathophysiology and prevention of recurrent fetal death.

Trying to WORK here
I guess its not considered a "drive by" as such, if you are stuck hearing the same conversation for 8 hours straight. Yes, I'm glad the two of you had such wonderful pregnancies and cute little children, and I'm sorry your one baby was born early and you had a scary 48 hours at the hospital and worrisome first month or so while she continued to thrive, because she weighed the same as my dead baby who was delivered at the same gestational age, except, you know, he was dead and all. And no, I don't want more children, I'm just happy with the live one I've got and the one I get to visit at the cemetery because he never causes me any trouble. Thanks for sharing your birth stories and going on and on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum about how many MONTHS it took you to get knocked up the third time around, and how disappointed your husband was it wasn't a boy. Heh, yeah, that's funny. Could you just imagine if it was twins? What a hoot! Bet that would have been quite the stressor. Hey, um, would you shuthefuck up for a couple of hours, I apparently need to concentrate a little more than you to do.my.damn.job.

How I spent my day off

Having trouble loading the pics, will try them in a different post.

4 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

um, had the boy been drinking? if he says no, don't believe it.

as to your article, ugh, i should have known better than to read it, but i'm already a paranoid freak today, so it doesn't really make it any worse, it's so bad already. plus, when you think about it, scientists think 60% of all conceptions are miscarried in the first place...people who've had losses are just much more astute about picking up on conception the moment it happens and so are much more likely to note a subsequent loss. at least, that's the theory i'm sticking to as i stick my fingers in my ears and sing la-la-la.

Sun Jul 16, 06:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kati said...

gosh, I wish the article had found more hopeful results. It's so unfair. And incredibly sad.

Tue Jul 18, 11:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I'm putting my own spin on the article and gathering that it refers to women who've had multiple late losses. Regardless, it's not very hopeful... Damn these scientists and their tests and whatnot!

The Boy has a thing or two to learn about parking. If you're going to park in a ditch you should always make sure that the *driver's* side is on the high end, so that you can get out easily. Jeesh!

Tue Jul 18, 06:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I admit that article makes me say...okay...that's it. I played Russian roulette and I won, so no more. But totally anecdotally (did I spell that right?) my wonderful Nurse C told me that she had seen lots of women who had lost babies late in pregnancy and almost all of them then went on to have successful pregnancies. I know that "almost all" is hardly consolation when you are not the "almost all" but I don't believe she would lie to me. And how does that explain how so many women in my MISS group have gone on to have healthy babies? What to think?

Thu Jul 20, 09:40:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home