Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nyah nah nah nyah nah nah

Oh, he's so cute! Look at that hair! Awwww... he looks much bigger than 7 pounds.
Really?! 9 hours of pushing? Wow! And no pain meds.
Ok, ok, lets look at Amy's new grandbabies now. Twins! Of course! One of each! Wow, they sure are tiny. Awwww.... she had to have a c-section? She must have been disappointed.
Awww.... I want one. If you know of anyone giving them away, just let me know! Seriously, my boyfriend and I feel like, "if it happens, it happens", no big deal. But I think I want one more than he does. I wish my sister would give me the one she's pregnant with now, she doesn't even want it, she has three already. I've wanted one since I was a little girl. They're so cute and snuggly. I want a whole house full of them.
By the grace of whomever, a sub-fertile coworker stepped in here, explaining how "it's not as easy as it looks: sometimes you can't get pregnant, even when you try really really hard". Of course, her darling 3 1/2 year old gives her a little something to gush about, several times a day, so I can't cut her a lot of slack, but at least she sort of gets it. I mean, it took her 6 months to get him, and she still can't get pregnant a second time. She really should have tried while she was breast feeding. That's the way it works (when you least expect it or don't want it to). /sarcasm
At any rate, I was actually reduced to tears today. I sat there quietly ignoring them, finally realized I could take no more, breathed an odd sob/gulp/sigh thing, and walked reallyreallyquickly away. One person noticed, and called down the hall "What's wrong Julie? Are you okay? Where are you going?"...
{!!!?!}
Don't.you.fucking.imbiciles.get.it.YET?
Time for a full disclosure.
I will tell little miss "what's wrong?" what.is.wrong.
I will tell two of my closest coworkers what.is.wrong.
I will wear a goddamn sign if it helps .
I don't want pity, and I don't want them to have to ignore cute little babies or cease having general conversation about their own children. I just don't think that a teensy bit of respect and/or sensitivity would be tooooooooo much to ask.
And am I the only one who has to fucking WORK around here??? Get busy!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home