Sunday, July 02, 2006

TMI

I know too much. I've seen depravity and honor. Senseless loss and inexplicable miracles. Life, death, and everything in between. The dregs of humanity who continue to get chance after chance after worthless chance, and those of strong character who get shit on at every turn. And I don't get it. If an answer were available, it would come with the disclaimer, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you". And I wonder if it would be worth it.
Manuela wrote recently about divine justice. Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Even if I haven't personally suffered through the absolute worst life has to offer, I ache along with my friends, from one's unimaginable grief to another's uncertain future. It is shock and awe and fear and release all wrapped into one little beaten down and torn package.
From the calignous (word du jour) viewpoint of CD1, I must proclaim loudly that I.Have.Had.Enough. I'm tired of playing by the rules. Nice guys finish last. Wish all you want, someone is laughing their ass off at you for your impetuous dreams.
I'm sure in a few days all this negativity will be gently washed away and leave me warm and fuzzy thoughts with bunnies and butterflies and a cool gentle breeze of contentment. Hope springs eternal. Bitter waits its turn.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathy McC said...

((((hugs))))

Sun Jul 02, 09:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger laura said...

so sorry, julie.

Sun Jul 02, 12:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger kati said...

you really have had had enough. Sorry.

Mon Jul 03, 12:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger chris said...

I'm sorry.

Mon Jul 03, 10:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lisa P. said...

(((hugs))) right back atcha Julie.

Mon Jul 03, 05:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Oh Julie. So very sorry. You deserve better, my friend, so much better ((hugs))

Tue Jul 04, 01:17:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an unbelievably raw and poignant post.

Siiiggh.

I only wish that you weren't in the position to have to write it.

Tue Jul 04, 04:10:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

I hope that the raw emotions of CD1 have subsided a bit. It sucks to have to go through all of this, on top of everything else. (((Big hug)))

Wed Jul 05, 06:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kellie said...

Shit. I'm sorry - it just shouldn't be this hard.

Thu Jul 06, 10:54:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit. And dammit about your friend (relative? maybe I didn't read closely enough) who's waiting for news on the 'sinister' mass. Life is so often so incomprehensibly unfair.

Fri Jul 07, 11:40:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home