Tuesday, October 10, 2006

when it rains...

My 84-year old mother in law broke her hip today; she'll be having surgery in the morning. Normally, this isn't too major of a deal, but her health isn't all that wonderful to begin with. I'm carrying thoughts of pneumonia, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke as potential side effects. At the very least, I forsee an extended stay at a rehab facility that will likely snowball into residing in a nursing home for the remainder of her days.
Sigh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

uuuggh. I hope you're wrong.

Wed Oct 11, 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Diana said...

*sigh*
When it rains it pours indeed. I'm still hoping she recovers...

Wed Oct 11, 11:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger MB said...

Dammit Julie, that's terrible. I hope it gets better than projected. Getting old is a real bugger.

Wed Oct 11, 12:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DD said...

Let's hope your grandmother proves to be the exception and not the rule.

Wed Oct 11, 01:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Oh no:( Wishing her the most complete and problem free recovery possible. ((hugs))

Thu Oct 12, 02:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

How'd everything go? Thinking of you guys x

Fri Oct 13, 07:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kathy McC said...

Oh, geez. I hope all goes well and she heals quickly.

Fri Oct 13, 01:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jillian said...

Julie, I check in here every day. How are you? Is everything ok?

Thu Nov 02, 04:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kellie said...

Thinking of you... update your blog woman! I need your sarcasm and witt. :)

Sat Nov 04, 08:10:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home