Monday, November 20, 2006

For real

Mom?
Yeah babe?
Can I ask you a question?
You just did! ::chuckle::
No, really.
Sure, hun, anything you want. What's up?
How old would Nicky be now? Two?
He'd be two in February. About a year and a half, I guess. This would be his second Christmas.
For real?
Yeah. Let's see... (counting on my fingers...) ...about one year, nine months.
You sure?
Yes, dear. His birthday is February 24th. 2005.
Wow...
Yeah.
I'm sorry I forgot.
It's okay, hun.
Mom?
Yes?
I love you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

I was just thinking about Nick's birthday last night but couldn't remember the date either... I'm glad J asked;) He's a keeper, your big boy:)

Tue Nov 21, 03:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger Catherine said...

That's one good kid you got there.

Tue Nov 21, 09:26:00 AM EST  
Blogger SWH said...

That's really sweet...

Tue Nov 21, 09:55:00 AM EST  
Blogger Kellie said...

Awesome.

Tue Nov 21, 04:15:00 PM EST  
Blogger DD said...

I bet he would never guess how much that meant to you.

Wed Nov 22, 04:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jillian said...

I just read this again and even though the kid can't park a car (hehe) he is truly a lovely soul and such a credit to you. You must have got it so very right:)

Thu Nov 23, 02:39:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Julie, that's wonderful. What a great boy you have.

Sun Nov 26, 02:38:00 PM EST  
Blogger Diana said...

How much did your heart swell? Because that has got to be the sweetest thing...
Thinking about you.

Thu Dec 07, 03:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jillian said...

It's been a while - how are you doing?

Tue Dec 19, 07:05:00 AM EST  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Julie...
Thinking about you

Tue Dec 19, 02:23:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home