Monday, January 01, 2007

Anhedonia

If one word can sum up 2006 for me, this would be it.
Anhedonic. The opposite of hedonistic.
For the upcoming 365 days, I resolve to:
Continue breathing, whether I want to or not.
Try to quit smoking, and subsequently not kill anyone.
Exercise; I hear endorphins are fashionable.
Return to crafting, I care not what medium my inspiration takes.
Get over this anticipatory empty-nest syndrome. Will elaborate more on this later.
Read more. Something in a non-textbook kind of literature would be great.
Try to find an acceptable balance of sleep somewhere between my usual 5 hours and the 12+ I crave.
Walk the dog(s).
Clean my house.
Keep it that way.

I wish for each of you a tremendously satisfying year ahead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

I wish the same for you, Julie.

Tue Jan 02, 11:51:00 AM EST  
Blogger DD said...

I have no realistic resolutions. They are all just pipe dreams. Let me know how the remaining 363 days go.

Tue Jan 02, 01:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jillian said...

Happy new year to you:) Those resolutions sound like the recipe for some good times. Hope you succeed:)

Wed Jan 03, 06:08:00 AM EST  
Blogger kati said...

Julie, hope this new year brings you lots of endorphins and joy!

Sun Jan 07, 01:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home