Thursday, February 08, 2007

So, you want to face a challenge...

I knew this day would come. Eventually. One day, I would be face-to-face with my worst fears.
I often 'role-played' my reaction.
In my head.
I knew this day would come, and I hoped it wouldn't.
Now that it is actually here, what do I do?
A coworker alerted me to a situation at work that I don't want to have to deal with. But I do have to. It's my job. My responsibility. I get paid for this. I can't call off crazy.
"I'm sorry but I'm not feeling like I can handle this right now. Or tomorrow. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know."
I only know a little bit about what happened, and the poor ignorant soul that told me has no idea what I'm going through, trying to muster up the courage to face it.
You thought I've been a little angry or possibly loopy before? Huh. If this turns out how I'm feeling it might, you just wait. You ain't seen nothin' yet.
More later, when I have all the facts. If you don't hear from me in a few days, check the local papers.

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Oh, man, I can only imagine what is going on knowing what I do about what YOU do.

Be careful. Be wise.

Fri Feb 09, 11:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger Diana said...

Ditto what DD said.

And i probably don't kow as much about you as she does...but still...

HUGS I've missed you.

Fri Feb 09, 12:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Catherine said...

I KNOW I commented on this post already...

I hope you find a way to deal with whatever it is (I've got some pretty wild guesses). {{{hugs}}}

Fri Feb 09, 02:45:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ann Howell said...

My imagination is going wild here, too... (((Big hug))) We're here for all of your crazy ranting needs...

Fri Feb 09, 04:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger kati said...

hope you'll find a comfortable way to deal with this mess. Good luck!

Fri Feb 09, 09:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jillian said...

dd sounds like she might have something with her 'be careful, be wise'. That seems good for most situations:)

Good luck with this and remember, they wouldn't have given you this job if they didn't see that you had the right stuff to do it. or something. Please don't commit homicide, m'kay?

Sat Feb 10, 12:15:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home