Thursday, August 30, 2007

eewwwww

Every one has it. Some fear or sincere distaste of something that creeps them out. Maybe not quite a phobia per se, but a healthy "ick" factor that gives ya the willies.
G hates snakes. "Anything that can move that fast without legs is not normal," he says. He will not remove an eel from his fishing line either, choosing instead to beat it off the ground until the eel lets go or the line breaks off. Then there was the time he threw himself into the wall with a high-pitched squeal because a hamster ran between his feet. I won't call him a sissy, because he is such a otherwise manly man, being in the same room as him boosts my testosterone levels to freakish proportions.
The Boy seems to be afraid only of the laundry hamper, and a hard day's work. And sometimes, maybe soap.
I usually have a fairly level head about any living creature, and in small quantities, I can live amongst whatever nature has put out there. If I wanted to get a little wigged out, thinking about the dust mites in my pillow might do it, or the "good" bacteria living on my skin and in my colon... but I have to confess something.
Massive amounts of spiders creating a giant web that covers two football fields worth of trees is grody. Watching the video did not help. All I can envision is one enormous "queen" spider safely hidden somewhere, ready to eat the next passerby. :::Shudder:::
Sweet dreams.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

When I saw that all I could think of was the gremlin movie when one of the gremlins turned into a giant spider...shudder...gross.

Fri Aug 31, 06:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-mail DD and ask her about the catepillars. It had me shuddering and I do not even mid those fuzzy friends.

Thu Sep 06, 08:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home