Friday, August 17, 2007

...I'll take cosmic irony for 500, Alex.

HahahahafuckingHA
Actually, I am relieved. Honest, I didn't need this weighing over my head. This news is like sweet tea on ice, using real sugar and not $plenda, served by a nice young man with a tight ass.
Not two hours after hitting "publish" on my last post, the phone rang.
They got my application (several days ago). They were initially pleased with what they saw.
However.
The guidelines by which they hire applicants into specific positions require that certain conditions be met.
Those conditions, of course, are experience at the level to which they are hiring, and then, you know, more experience actually doing the level of work to which they are hiring.
Whodathunk it.
After all the conversation I had with the recruiter last week, and all the 'splaining I did regarding my experience, someone else decided I "might not be the best fit."
Huh, Really?
Actually, I do agree. And that is where the relief comes in. Maybe I was a little scared, maybe I didn't feel quite ready to take that leap, maybe it's good to know now before I wasted their time OR MY OWN.
Could you imagine if I cut my beach time short by two whole days to go to this effing interview only to hear THEN that they didn't feel I was right? Man, I'd be pissed.
Thing is, I made first contact for the lesser position. I was ENCOURAGED to try the more advanced one. Then, we discussed salary range(s). The hubby and I decided how much I'd need to make, coupled with his pay, in order to even exist down there. The higher level job with the higher level pay was much more palatable. Of course!
And I'm not right for it. Of course!
And I knew that.
The irony is, the decision was made for me after all, and I didn't have to do a thing to arrive at the end result.
Of course!
So the recipe to my successfully avoiding blame, repercussions, and any involvement in the thought process again falls to dumb luck.
On to my next non-project with I-had-nothing-to-do-with-it results.
Here's the plan. In the past, when attempting to get pregnant, I'd beg, plead, and grovel with some mysterious extraterrestrial to make.it.happen. I'd plan, and organize, and try and fail with great fervor. The more I wanted something, the less I got.
I'm turning over a new leaf.
~~~
Wow, not having a small child sure is easy. No worrying about daycare, adjusting my schedule around, tying up all that free time. I can take off for a little weekend jaunt whenever I want. It's cheaper, too. I can sleep in late, leave the house at a moment's notice, go out with friends.
I hope I don't accidentally get pregnant while on vacation. That would be a weird curve ball to field, huh? Yeah. Not sure how I'd handle that decision. I mean, what could I do? I'd have to rethink going back to school and moving and everything. So much pressure. Good thing I don't have to worry about that with my inability to get pregnant in the first place. Gee I'm glad the whole idea is a non-issue for me. I don't have the energy to worry about it. I'll just worry my little infertile head off about getting pregnant by surprise and that will hold off the stupid babydust indefinitely. No more babies for Julie. Maybe I'll go on the pill. That should do it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you could say you are f'ed in a good way?

That is so not what I meant - don't even go there... (or do, just don't tell me about it)

I often hate other peoples decisions, but still I like that they make them for me. It is funny, I kind of feel that same relief with our last IVF failing - now I don't have to worry about the confirmation of pregnancy check, no more progesterone shots, miscarriage, and all that shit I would transition into when we actually achieved the "first step."

BTW: I am a recruiter for a living - I don't make hiring decisions, rather recommendations, but if you have any career/recruiter stuff you need to bounce of someone let me know - I do it all day long and I am honest.

Fri Aug 17, 06:51:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Aug 18, 08:39:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home