Friday, November 30, 2007

It's going to snow?

Yeah, so, I'm spending my day off taking care of all kinds of things like errands and chores, and the like. That's what we do, isn't it? So rare to have an actual "day off" without something planned. As a matter of fact, I tend to let just about everything slide until the coveted day off, and then groan about having so much to catch up on. Sigh. Bad habit. One of many.
Have been driving around on a 'donut' since Monday; will be getting a new tire put on today. Debate with husband over one or two?
Need groceries. Badly. Mold on bread, funny-tasting milk. Have PB but no J. Want some cheese and soup. And hotpockets. 'Cuz that's what we eat around here. As much as one might believe that I am all caviar and truffles, I'm afraid to admit a macaroni casserole is about all I can muster.
Started period. 26 day cycle this time. Do I need more pads? My guess would be sure, why not. Can't have too many, in my opinion. Bet we're running low on TP, too. Dollar General, here I come!
Took the trash up early this morning under the cover of darkness. Today's ensemble included a long yellow tunic with brown leggings, a blue velour jacket, and pink fuzzy slippers. Witnessed by 8 or so earlybirds at the school bus stop next to my home. Oh yeah, I guess it wasn't as early as it felt. Damn. (hey, it was the first clean thing I could grab off the basket of unfolded clothes in my basement!)
Need to finish laundry.
Dryer belt needs replaced ASAP. Squeaking like crazy. Will probably break just when the hubby needs his hunting clothes. Crap.
Want another haircut. Didn't get the top like I'd hoped. More layers? Shorter. And my roots need done. Am I too young to just let it go all salt n' pepa like it WANTS to?
Two final papers due for Monday class. Out of inspiration. Couldn't put two thoughts together to make a point if I needed to right now. Full deck? Debatable. 52-card pick up? For sure.
Heh. Spent a good chunk of my morning convinced tomorrow was new year's eve. WTF was that all about? There's something I'm forgetting, hmmm, let's see.... oh yeah DECEMBER. Duh!
The windows we had to special order should be in today. Which means the hubby will be busy trying to get them in this weekend or next. Did anyone else notice that it's winter? Little oversight on our part. Kinda stupid, dontcha think? To be fair, we did order these weeks ago. Our existing windows aren't anywhere near a normal, standard size. As it stands, we will still have to build in the opening to make up for the empty space these won't fit. Really no reason why we can't wait for spring to install them, or at least a warm, dry day. Warmish, I should say. But, you know, a man with a project unfinished is a man much like any other, but with tools and a dream. Or something. Rocks in his head, I'm sayin'.
Oh, and by replacement windows, I mean we bought four. Not the 12 or so windows we need, just a few to start the ball rolling. Kind of like when we painted only half of the house. In a similar-to-but-not-quite-near-enough matching color of paint. Sigh.
Off to the dentist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann Howell said...

I feel your pain... we had to replace our bathroom outer window (we've got these 70 year-old wooden-frame windows) and the cheapest alternative was to build a temporary one ourselves. We went to Home Depot, picked up some wood and thick plastic sheeting and asked the cutting centre to cut the pieces for us. The kid there was really nice and offered to put the whole thing together for us. We were overjoyed... until we brought it home and saw that it was an inch too wide and a half inch too short! Hope your saga had a much better ending :)

Thu Dec 06, 03:57:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home