Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sorry for the wait

I was on vacation. That, and waiting for more exciting news, of which I really have little to share.

Still no spotting, which is great.

Prometrium is still enhancing each and every early-pregnancy symptom, which is not so good - for two reasons. One, it makes me super-miserable. Two, it causes me concern that the symptoms are only present because of the drug, and not because I'm actually still pregnant.

Had my intake appointment which essentially was a waste of time, as well as a clusterfuck of idiocracy at the office. Honestly, I question the expertise of the staff whom I encountered. But, in fairness, I can't expect them to have had experience with my particular history, so I will cut them some slack. And I vow not to bitch and moan about every little thing.

At the time, I was just shy of 10 weeks, so the attempt at dopplering a heartbeat was a failure. I was not concerned, as I knew this. While I would have liked a follow-up u/s just to prove the little one was still alive, I know that the absence of any bleeding, cramping, or other misery is a mark in my favor, and so I wait.

Going for the "first trimester screening" (nuchal translucency scan and papp-a/free beta hcg labs) on 8/31.

Hubby is working on baby names and trying to figure out how to redecorate the nursery for a potential girl. It's cute behavior, and I'm glad he's keeping occupied, but all I can do is just bide my time and 'wait and see', day by day.

11w on Saturday. Time is dragging by.

I'm thrilled to report: "so far, so good".

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

May the next 170-ish days also bring "so far - so good": all the way up to a happy end/beginning :) Sorry if that's looking too far ahead. I can't help but hope x

Fri Aug 20, 06:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, Jill; when you put the time into perspective like that, it seems like almost no time at all! Thanks! ROFL
(ok, not really rolling on the floor, i might not get back up)(because i'm old)
(and i'd probably have to pee again)
But thanks for all the hope! :-)

Sat Aug 21, 09:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catherine said...

So when are the rest of us allowed to engage in cute behavior too?

Sat Aug 21, 11:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

Isn't this where the old acronym NBHHY comes into play? Wow, I haven't been able to use that in AGES! I have to admit, I wouldn't have left the stirrups until there was an US and I'm sure once they realized that a lady naked waist down was taking up residence on their table w/o an inkling of doing otherwise until one was done, they would have performed one post haste. Maybe. I don't know...I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Sat Aug 21, 11:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Catherine, you can be just as cute as you want ;) lol (but i'm sure you'll pardon me for my cynicism gets in the way at times)
DD, yes! NBHHY is completely appropriate; wow it HAS been a while, huh?
I bounced out of the stirrups mainly because I was already late for work, but also because I know that there's not a damn thing to be done at this point, either way, but to just ride it out. I surprise myself at the level of calm I currently possess; I do, however, expect this nonchalance to screech to a halt soon. For now, I am enjoying the peace.

Sat Aug 21, 12:11:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home