Saturday, September 11, 2010

Local Woman Devoid of Answers

Breaking News
An area woman declares she knows next-to-nothing about her mysterious visitor: who it was or why they vacated the residence without warning.
"Sure, I wasn't expecting company, so I wasn't prepared - the room was probably a mess and I've been told I'm not the most hospitable host... but I tried really hard", stated the property owner.
Previous residents have related, "It's a nice place to visit, but ya wouldn't want to live there".
The area is currently closed for renovation. Future use of the site is questionable at best, state authorities. Zoning regulations are being reviewed.

The doc called Thursday evening. He received a requisition for approval of further genetic testing (FISH) as no cells grew. NONE. They were unable to do a single thing with the placenta and other tissues/fluid sent. He hadn't heard back from pathology about the teeny little autopsy specimen. At the very least, I would like to know the gender. Even if I could find out it was another female, then my expansive coping skills can conclude (by assumption) that I have problems carrying a specific gender, and I can gain some closure. It's the not knowing that bugs me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Well clearly you missed your calling as a scriptwriter for the news.

So what further testing is possible? Will they be testing you and G, or is there more they can do with the cells they already have? I hope you can get more info ((hugs))

Sat Sep 11, 10:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Jill, the further testing they can do with the tissues/cells available appears to be the "FISH" test - flurosomthing insitu histology whatever to try and decipher DNA - I don't know; I read up briefly on it but it goes beyond my scope of expertise.
No testing on G or me, because, really, what's the point. At this age, we were shocked and bewildered by the (pleasant) surprise of an unplanned pregnancy, and I, personally, wasn't all that unsuspecting that something/anything/everything would go wrong. If we were actively *trying* or deperate for a child - or 20 years younger for that matter - then we'd probably seek more answers, but for now we will grapple with the question of using birth control for the first time in our lives, or just throwing caution to the wind. Feels weird to be seemingly reckless or irresponsible. Not sure where I stand on that. It took a while to warm up to the prospect, which I did, but I'm not sure how much more my body and mind can tolerate.
One thing of note I didn't mention, was that since nothing grew, the doctor suggested something was absolutely defective from the get-go, and we concur that an early demise was the best thing. If any confirmation can be made that there are genetic issues at hand versus a freak accident, then we most certainly will take precautions at prevention.

Wed Sep 15, 11:35:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home